Bath Community Hospital is a patient-focused small hospital in rural Virginia which offers excellent working conditions, a team environment, and opportunities for professional development.
Helpful Hints When Applying For Employment with BCH
- You may pick up an application in the Human Resources Office or print out an application by clicking on the link below.
- Please complete the Application for Employment in its entirety including references and signing it.
- You may attach a resume to your completed application.
- Please be sure to include the position in which you are applying. You may apply for multiple positions as long as you include all position titles on your application.
- Completed Applications may be mailed, faxed, emailed or dropped off to the address below.
Attn: Human Resources
106 Park Dr.
PO Drawer Z
Hot Springs, VA 24445
For additional information or questions, call Cara Major, Director of Human Resources at 540-839-7092 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bath Community Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
BLS Transportation Provider – PRN
The BLS Provider is responsible for the safe transportation of non-ambulatory patients to and from medical facilities. It is the responsibility of the BLS Provider to see that pick-ups and drop-offs are made in a proper, courteous and timely manner. The BLS Provider may be involved in all types of medical transportation.
• High school graduate or equivalent (required)
• Current VA Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or higher (required)
• Current BLS certification (required)
• Current EVOC certification (required)
• Clean driving record from DMV (required)
• Minimum age 21 (required)
• Previous transportation and/or Emergency Room experience (preferred)
R.N.- ED/Med. Surg Unit – Part Time
• Provides direct and indirect patient care in the emergency and medical/surgical care setting
• Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology
• Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment
• Performs general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision
• Document patient care appropriately
• Current state Registered Nurse Licensure (required)
• BCLS certificate (required)
• ACLS & PALS (required within 6 months of hire)
• Basic computer knowledge
Operating Room Registered Nurse – Part Time
• Provides patient care in the Ambulatory OR setting directed toward meeting both the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient.
• Is responsible for the Central Sterile processing to ensure appropriate cleaning, disinfection, or sterilization of instruments and equipment according to manufacturer recommendations.
• Acts as a resource person and teacher and a liaison between surgeons, anesthesia providers, and nursing staff.
• Care given reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations.
• Provides quality measure reporting to Director of Quality.
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in State of Virginia (required)
• Current BLS, ACLS and PALS Certification (required)
• Previous OR experience (preferred)
Nurse Practitioner-Hospitalist – Part Time Weekend Coverage
2-3 Weekends per month depending on applicants availability
7am Friday- 7am Monday (potentially 7pm Sunday)
Housing is available
• Provide the primary care for patients admitted to BCH with the oversight and of a physician who will be available for collaboration
• Day-to-day patient contact/rounding/care management that actively encourages and includes professional input from all members of the patient care team
• Assessment, evaluation, diagnostic determination, on-going treatment and clinical management, necessary referral for consultation, care planning and modification, medications/therapeutic orders, transfer authorization, risk assessment, and, when appropriate, determination of readiness and planning for discharge for inpatients
• Direct contact and consultation with patient family members, friends, advocates, and others to ensure effective communication of patient status and care plans, and to encourage/support an open visitor- friendly environment within the medical/hospital environment
• Accurate and timely completion of all clinical and professional records and documentation to assure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory, licensure and accreditation requirements
• Current Virginia License to practice as nurse practitioner
• Emergency Department or Inpatient experience (preferred)
Accountant – Full Time (36 hrs/wk)
- Reconciles all hospital bank accounts, investment statements, and balance sheet accounts. Prepares necessary journal entries.
- Maintains fixed asset system and keeps an up to date
- Posts journal entries
- Reconciles and codes monthly credit card billing statements
- Completes monthly close for hospital financials
- Assists in preparing the annual budgets
- Communicates departmental and facility statistics to department managers
- Prepares budget variance reports
- Maintains monthly schedules needed for annual audit and ongoing financial analysis as requested
- Assists in preparing information needed for audits, tax returns, and cost report
- Prepares and submits sales tax
- Review and approve bank deposits prepared by patient accounts office
- Prepares financial portions of surveys
- Is a backup for Accounts Payable & Payroll
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting (required)
- Knowledge and training in HIPAA
- Healthcare care experience (preferred)
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Effective communication; oral and written
Pharmacy Tech (Hot Springs Pharmacy and Inpatient)
Part Time (aprox 28 hours per week)
About the job: Pharmacy technicians, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, assist in the various activities of the pharmacy department not requiring the professional judgment of the pharmacist. Pharmacy technicians will function in strict accordance with standard, written procedures and guidelines, any deviation from which must be approved by the supervising pharmacist. This position will also provide knowledge and understanding with enrollment of clients with the Pharmacy Connection Program, which provides drugs to the indigent.
• Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
• Prepares medications and supplies for dispensing, by repackaging, labeling, compounding, handling and storing pharmaceuticals, maintaining accurate records when required
• Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
• Assist in the control and audit narcotics/stock substance. Documents controlled substance dispensing records from pharmacy, keeping a continuous audit of inventory.
• Demonstrates ability to compound with proper aseptic technique preparations for IV administration. Maintains proper records required for compounding. Completes annual competency review successfully.
• Maintains a working knowledge of aspects of pharmacy services relative to a pharmacy technician’s job description:
– Medical terminology and abbreviations
– Drug names and classifications
– Medication order and prescription interpretation
– Preparation procedures for non-sterile dosage forms
– Pharmaceutical calculations
– Aseptic technique and preparation procedures for all ages, sterile dosage forms
– Federal and state laws governing the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of controlled and non-controlled substances.
– Medication error prevention methods
• National or State of Virginia certification
• Register with the Virginia Board of Pharmacy
• Basic computer knowledge
• Knowledge and training in HIPAA
Ultrasound Technologist – Part Time
To operate radiologic equipment to produce radiographs of body for diagnostic purposes, to aid physicians in diagnosis and treatment of patients. This position will perform diagnostic and vascular ultrasound procedures as well as inpatient and outpatient exams.
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program or Cardiovascular Technology Program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) (required)
- RDMS certification for abdominal and vascular sonography (required)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (preferred)
- Active certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in the specialty(ies) as appropriate.
- Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for specialty(ies) as appropriate.