Bath Community Hospital recognizes the need to make COVID-19 testing more accessible. While there are testing sites available throughout the state, frequently these are not convenient for our residents. In the recent past, inventory of test kits was difficult to maintain but fortunately, this is no longer a challenge and BCH is here to accommodate you in your own backyard. If you need to be tested for COVID-19, please contact BCH at 540-679-0817 to arrange a visit.
Vaccination remains the most effective method to end the pandemic, however, testing is also a necessary tool to identify and monitor infection playing a significant role in keeping our community safe.
The CDC recommends the following people be tested for COVID-19:
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19.
- People who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested to check for infection:
- Fully vaccinated people should be tested 5–7 days after their last exposure.
- People who are not fully vaccinated should get tested immediately when they find out they are a close contact. If their test result is negative, they should get tested again 5–7
days after their last exposure or immediately if symptoms develop.
- People not fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine who are prioritized for expanded community screening for COVID-19.
- People not fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine who have been asked or referred to get testing by their school, workplace, healthcare provider, state, tribal, local external icon or territorial health department.
- People who participate in activities that are higher risk for COVID-19 exposure (e.g., travel, attending large events where social distancing is not possible, or being in crowded indoor settings).
- People who plan to travel or who have recently returned from travel, with some exceptions for fully vaccinated people.
- People who are not fully vaccinated and who plan to visit people at high risk of developing severe COVID-19.
Who doesn’t need to be tested for COVID-19?
The following people who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 do not need to get tested if they do not have COVID-19 symptoms:
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered, as long as they do not develop new symptoms, do not need to get tested.
For an up-to-date list of all testing locations, visit vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-testing-sites.