Bath Community Hospital’s origins trace back to the vision and energy of Gladys Ingalls Robertson, who over 100 years ago saw a need for better health care in the Hot Springs Valley. Her efforts resulted in the establishment of the nation’s first rural visiting nurse program in 1913.
A Community House was later established as headquarters for the visiting nurses and a community center. Eventually, the Community House became a hospital and to this day, Bath Community Hospital continues Lady Robertson’s commitment to caring for our community and strives to be a top-quality, critical access hospital. We have gone beyond her vision to build resources and partnerships which provide the full range of hospital and outpatient services.
Lady Robertson’s early vision of care for the people of her beloved valley has evolved into a true gateway to health care services.